Incoming Freshman Checklist
Welcome to Hopkins! The Office of Academic Advising is here to support you in your academic pursuit and assist you during your transition to life at JHU.
Below are the steps you must take before you can register for classes. Follow at Piktochart:
- Check your JHU email. Read your JHU email once a day during the summer and school year. Your Hopkins email is the primary source of communication between the university and students.
- After May 28, please complete the First-Year Advising Profile.
- Begin preparation for registration:
- Determine placement in language, music, math, and/or chemistry.
- Select your classes:
- If you don’t know your AP scores yet, make your best guess as to your possible scores.
- Understand your exam credit and/or transfer credit.
- Review potential majors.
- Review the semester course schedule and sample first-semester schedules
- Read the freshmen scheduling tips.
- Taking Biology, Chemistry or Physics? Be sure to complete the Lab Safety Training at least 3 days prior to registration.You can complete the Lab Safety Training by going to my.jh.edu, and then selecting “My Learning” under the Education menu. Once there, search “458083”.
- Add courses to My Cart in SIS.
- Register for classes.
- Relax and wait to receive feedback from your advisor via email.