Starts: Monday, February 22, 2021
Deadline: Noon on Friday, April 16, 2021
You must complete this process by noon on April 16th in order to register on time. If you miss this deadline, your registration will be delayed until the second day of registration or until you have completed the process.
If you are planning to graduate after May 2022, please email your assigned academic advisor for assistance.
Confirm the accuracy of your full name. Check your SIS records to confirm your full name is exactly as you want it to appear on your diploma.
- Most students use their full legal name on their diploma.
- The Registrar’s Office processes name changes. Be aware they will require official documentation of your legal name. You can start the process of a name change on the student services portal. Log in and select “Records and Registration,” then and read the FAQs in the “Update my student information” section.
Confirm all major(s) and minor(s) you intend to complete for graduation display correctly in SIS. In SIS, go to “Registration,” go to “Program of Study,” and make certain that the major(s)/minor(s) you intend to complete are correct.
If you need to change your program of study, you will need to take additional steps.
- In SIS, under “Registration,” find the link to “Online Forms.”
- Select the appropriate form to change your program of study.
If you need further directions, visit the student services portal. Log in and select “Records and Registration,” then “Change of Program of Study or Student Status.”
Contact your faculty advisor(s) for each major and minor you intend to complete and have a meeting with them. At this meeting, chat about your plans for after graduation, review your audit together, and ask them to share your audit.
- Early outreach to your faculty advisor(s) is recommended. Please follow their directions to arrange a meeting and have your audit shared.
- If you and your faculty advisor realize you need exceptions entered onto the audit, please reach out to the DUS of that program.
- You are not required to meet with your academic advisor in the Office of Academic Advising.
For the majors below, see the specific contact person.
- Political Science majors: meet with Em Cytrynbaum
- International Studies, East Asian Studies, and Latin American Studies majors: meet with Kate Bruffett
Review and share your degree audit. In SIS, create your degree audit and share it using the share button found toward the top of your audit on the left.
- A communicator window will open showing that you have shared your audit.
- If you are located outside the United States, you may need to access the JHU VPN before you access your degree audit in SIS.
- If any transfer or study abroad coursework is missing from your student record, you should continue with the steps of Junior Clearance.
After meeting with your faculty advisor(s), verify each faculty advisor has shared an audit.
- Open your degree audit and open “Communicator” (click on the conversation symbol) to see if all of your major and or minor audits were shared.
- In the Communicator window, you will see the date and who has shared your audit. Verify that your faculty advisor for each major and minor shared your audit.
- If they have not, reach out to the advisor to ensure that this is done before you complete the application to graduate.
Apply to graduate. This step must be done last. The graduation application is an online form in SIS under “Registration,” then “Program of Study,” then “Apply to Graduate.” Verify the information is correct before submitting the application. All majors and minors should be correct but name changes may have not processed yet.
- Students with less than 70 earned credits may not see the “Apply to Graduate” link. These students may contact Barbara Greenwald at KSASadvising@jhu.edu or your assigned academic advisor. Please use Junior Clearance as your email subject line.