- All freshmen in the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences are classified as “pre-major.”
- In spring of their freshman year, students meet with their academic advisor to declare their major.
- Go to SIS/Online Forms to complete and submit appropriate form.
- Obtain the appropriate paper declaration form in the Office of Academic Advising or Office of the Registrar.
- Identify the director of undergraduate study (DUS) for the major or minor you wish to declare.
- Arrange a meeting with the DUS. (In some large minors, students will be asked to meet with a staff coordinator to declare the minor.)
- At this meeting, you will discuss your plans for future courses and might be matched with a faculty advisor (not all minors match students with a faculty advisor). Be sure bring the form to the meeting and have it completed.
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor and bring the completed form to your advisor.