Incoming First-year Students

Hopkins undergraduates who enter the Krieger School at Johns Hopkins University from high school are permitted to transfer a maximum of 12 credits of approved courses. These courses may be taken at other college campuses prior to matriculation and/or in summer school at other colleges after matriculation.

Learn more about transferring credit as an incoming first-years.

Incoming Transfer Students

At Johns Hopkins, there are many offices dedicated to helping transfer students succeed. Our academic advising offices understand that transfer students may have questions and concerns and aim to make their transition to Hopkins an easy one.

Learn more about transferring credit as an incoming transfer student.

Current Undergraduates

JHU undergraduate students who wish to take a course at another college and then transfer those credits to JHU must follow the six-step pre-approval process.

Learn more about transferring credit as a current undergraduate.

Graduating Seniors Transcript Information

Learn more about transferring credits as a graduating senior


We have the answers to your frequently asked questions about transferring credit.