At Johns Hopkins, there are many offices dedicated to helping transfer students succeed. Our academic advising offices understand that transfer students may have questions and concerns and aim to make their transition to Hopkins an easy one. We carefully consider each transfer applicant’s history of college courses and are pleased to provide a preliminary credit assessment.
Preliminary Transfer Credit Assessment
As a transfer applicant, you will receive a preliminary transfer credit assessment from JHU Admissions. The preliminary assessment is not an official or final evaluation and is subject to change. The role of the preliminary assessment is only to provide assistance in making your enrollment decision. If you decide to accept admission to JHU, an official credit evaluation will be completed.
Completing Your Transfer Credit Evaluation
Once you decide to accept admission to JHU, you will have an official transcript evaluation.
To finalize your transfer credit evaluation:
- Send an official transcript with your final grades directly from your previous institution(s) to the JHU Admissions Office as directed by Admissions.
- Follow the instructions on the Transfer Blackboard page to upload your documents. You will have access to approximately 2 days after you have deposited and activated your JHED ID.
– You will need an unofficial copy of your transcript.
– You will need to gather course descriptions for each course. Descriptions may be copied from the institution’s schedule of classes or catalog. You may save all of your course descriptions in a single Word document.
– Send a complete syllabus with topical breakdown for all math and chemistry
- Wait for your evaluation and consultation.
University Graduation Requirements
- Review the full requirements in the Academic Catalog.
- Depending on major, 120-126 total credits are required.
For transfer students, at least 60 credits must be earned at Johns Hopkins University. These credits must include:
You may transfer up to 6 writing intensive credits.
- To receive credits for AP/IB/GCE, you must submit official score reports to JHU.
- If you enter the university with AP/IB/GCE credits for a specific course and then take an equivalent course offered by the university, your AP/IB/GCE credits are disallowed.