Hopkins undergraduates who enter the Krieger School at Johns Hopkins University from high school are permitted to transfer a maximum of 12 credits of approved courses. These courses may be taken at other college campuses prior to matriculation and/or in summer school at other colleges after matriculation. These 12 credits do not include AP/IB/GCE credits.
- Students are required to complete 100 credits through JHU.
- There is no limit on the number of credits students may earn through the JHU Summer School program.
- You must be a matriculated student to have course credits taken from another institution evaluated as possible credits to be transferred to your JHU transcript.
To Have a Course Evaluated
- You will need the following information to complete the form successfully:
- Your name, your JHU email, your year of study, and six-character Hopkins ID.
- You will need to know if you have ever transferred course credit to JHU in the past.
- The name of the institution where you took the course. We call this the Host Institution.
- The course name at the host institution.
- The course number at the host institution.
- The course credits for each course, as assigned by the host institution.
- The calendar system at the host institution during which courses was offered, i.e.: semester, quarter, or units system.
- If this course is a science course, does it include a lab embedded in the lecture course?
- Additionally, you will need to upload an electronic copy of the course syllabi. When you complete the upload, the document must meet a very specific naming format: Your Last name, Your First Name, Course Prefix and Course Number, Course Name, Host Institution’s Initials. For example, if Jen Smith took an English course at Ohio State University, the name of the syllabus that is uploaded would be: Smith, Jen, ENG 102, Composition, OSU (An electronic syllabus for each class you wish to have evaluated must be uploaded. Be sure to use the correct naming format for each syllabi uploaded, as directed above, or risk delaying the review of your request.)
- Use the form found via this link: External Course Review Request Form, to complete your evaluation request.
- Send an official transcript from the Host Institution. An official transcript is a transcript sent directly from the issuing institution to Johns Hopkins University . See the Transfer Credits FAQ page for more detailed instructions.
- Wait to hear back from the Office of Academic Advising.
- Questions should be emailed to email@example.com.