Hopkins undergraduates who enter the Krieger School at Johns Hopkins University from high school are permitted to transfer a maximum of 12 credits of approved courses. These courses may be taken at other college campuses prior to matriculation and/or in summer school at other colleges after matriculation. These 12 credits do not include AP/IB/GCE credits.
- Students are required to complete 100 credits through JHU.
- There is no limit on the number of credits students may earn through the JHU Summer School program.
To Have a Course Evaluated
- External Course Review Request Form
- You will need the following information to complete the form successfully:
- Your name, your JHU email, your year of study, and six-digit Hopkins ID.
- You will need to know if you have ever transferred a course to JHU (see your unofficial transcript)
- The name of the host institution and where it is located. This is the institution where you took the course.
- The course name at the host institution.
- The course number at the host institution.
- The course credits assigned by the host institution.
- The calendar system at the host institution awards: semester, quarter, or units system.
- If this course is a science course, does it include a lab embedded in the lecture course?
- An electronic syllabus for each class you wish to have evaluated. You must save it as your last name, your first name, the course number, the course name, and the school initials in order to upload the syllabi successfully.
- Send an official transcript. An official transcript is a transcript sent directly from the issuing institution to the Office of Academic Advising at Johns Hopkins University. See the Transfer Credits FAQ page for more detailed instructions.
- Wait to hear back from the Office of Academic Advising.